Thursday, February 28, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Sometimes you just have to stop your daily routines, take a deep breath & sit down, to feel this way.
Thank you Lord for the life You have given.
Friday, February 22, 2008
1. udang bakar madu mang engking jogja
2. sosis bali rm bali jogja
3. mi item anaknya Pak William Wongso di Kemang Food Fest
4. pork ribsnya bebek bengil Ubud
5. Nasi Campurnya Bu Oka Ubud
6. Fried Shrimp with Cereal No Signboard Esplanade Sg. (Ada jg sih cabangnya di Pacific place)
7. My mamma's udang whisky
8. My mamma's ayam dimasak pake anggur merah & fresh cream
9. Kangkungnya d'cost Kemang
10. Sambal Borehnya om Rudy di Rumah Warisan. Gak terlalu pedes, berminyak, tp ada jeruk nipisnya gitu.
and sbg bonus: Es Krim Haagen Daaz Belgian Chocolate.
Hoehoe... langsung inget lagu "ooo.. heaven is a place on earth...."
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
ps: What constitutes body fat?
Fats are organic compounds that are made up of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. They are a source of energy in foods. Fats belong to a group of substances called lipids, and come in liquid or solid form. All fats are combinations of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids. (according to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/)
Setelah minggu lalu saya memasak lauk ala bumbu santan perdana saya (Ayam Jeruk Limau* or i prefer to call it Ayam Jeruk Purut, sprtnya lbh nempel aja... :) ), hari ini saya memasak sayur ala santan yg pertama kali.
(Drum roll pls)Ini dia Sayur daun singkong bobor...
interesting factsnya adalah:
- Ini gak murni daun singkong, tapi ada sdkt bayam juga, sisa yg masih segar dari segepok yg sudah mengering di lemari es...
- Menurut contekan resep, harus ada sedikit kencur di dlm sayur ini, walo saya gak trlalu tau rasa khasnya di sebelah mana.
- Sayur ini dimakan dgn ayam goreng sambal boreh Om Rudy. Nendang deh!
- Kurang sedikit gula sih rasanya, mgkn krn daun singkong aga pahit. lain kali musti dibanyakin.
- tangkai2 daun singkong itu keras yah. lain kali musti dibuangin deh.
- sayur ini bisa dicampur dng labu siam juga loh. atau klo om rudy, dia tambahin sama semacam ikan teri yg kecil2 gitu. enak juga.- santannya santan Kara. Aga kental gitu & baunya aga beda sama santan asli.
- terus terang ada rasa yg agak aneh sih masakan ini, saya gak tau ini kebanyakan kencur or kebanyakan laos or kurang gula ya. hehehe...
ps: btw my ayam daun purut was much more successful & it was IMHO delicious :
Sunday, February 17, 2008
- My salmon kitchen tiles matching with my pinkish light brown wooden laminate.
- My antique-look-alike shoe cabinet. Love the handles, they come from Jepara
- My japanese style wallpaper (luv it)
- My dried flowers, complimentary from Lia
- My horizontal mirror. Makes the room look wider
I am not exatcly in love with my TV cabinet. But since the big speakers are already available as my husband property, my judgement says that it is best to make use of them, rather than watching them sitting carelessly in the attic of a sibling's house. I feel this is the best adjustment, in terms of design, that can be made to accomodate these bulky speakers :). And now i can watch my fake dvds in 5 audio channels mode. Yipee!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
- Driving in Jl Rasuna Said at 80kmh, when the road is empty at 9pm, it gives me a high!
- Seeing the old tree in Jl Erlangga blossom behind the florist house, red flowers among the falling tree ligaments, makes me smile. It's like finding hope in an unexpected place.
- Finding myself driving in Tebet or Santa or Kemang Area. These places feel so homy, with shops stored in houses, rather than malls.
Road things in Jakarta that I wish didnt exist:
- Full car parking lots in Malls in the middle of the day, esp those malls with hyperstores in it. Just make my groceries shopping harder.
- Thoughtless drivers taking up my safety space between my car & the one in front of me :(
- Surprise holes on the asphalt roads. and boom! there goes your shock absorbers.