It's been sometimes I've blogged... Things have kept me occupied... more of this later... but for now I'll just post something I've meant to put since some times ago....:
25 things about me
I've been tagged by quite a few people on this in FB, but i will just write it here.. Maybe I'll take a look at myself in 10years time & rewrite this again & see how will i respond again :). Note: I must say these are pretty random things about me, but I did try to think of them in chronoligical manner.
1. I spend time on my blog mostly when my husband is not around. Yes, it's sort of an activity to pass time for me, but I do enjoy it & it's just sort of a mental note for myself primarily.
2. I am addicted to the Internet. I've been surfing the net heavily since 1996. I was studying in Singapore. To be able to surf at that time, I had to go to govt internet booth at city's center, a bit far from my hostel. I also worked as a part time internet booth clerk in Uni, so I had ample internet time as well.
3. Before the internet came, I already fell in love with computers since 3rd grade... my dad had the Apple II, the first consumer PC & it was so cool. I learnt fast typing from an apple game, destroying enemies by shooting fires from a spaceship by typing the right letters.
4. My hobby during primary school was reading. I learnt reading even before I went to kindergarden. When both my parents returned to Balikpapan from a Jakarta trip, I could already read & they were really surprised. That was because my Mum often read me books with simple words aloud & my Daddy wore a lot of Tshirts with simple big letters on it that I kept asking how to read them.
5. One of my favourite childhood books was the Trio Detektif Series. My fave character of the 3 kid-detectives was the one who loved reading & analyzing clues, and was part time librarian. I even dreamed of being a part-time librarian in my hometown library where i borrowed these books, but I moved out of the town too soon later.
6. I learnt roller-skating in Balikpapan thru a week-end club. I already learnt ice skating before that, so it was not tough, but I had another friend in the same complex who was really good at it, especially at her natural body balance. She is now a known girl surfer in the country. I guess some skills, you are born with it.
7. Talking about natural skills, I know I will nost stand a job which involves a lot of talking and meeting different people thruout >80% of my work time. It just tires me physically somehow...
8. I am very good at blind memorizing. I could memorize 40 essays, each had at least 3 folio pages of words, to prepare for my high school history exam in SG. And this really word by word. But I am very bad at remembering song lyrics or play music tools. I dont think i can even recite ONE full song with correct lyrics right now & I am blind with music notes. No feeling whatsoever when it comes to musical talent.
9. I chose civil engineering for my undergrad degree because when small i really liked playing LEGO, and that was about building houses & complex & I didnt want to do architecture cause it didnt involve as much maths/science as i wanted.
10. Towards graduation, i realized i preferred working in a desk-bound environment, and not so much going out of the office or even going out of the island where i was in (Java), so that led me after one step to another to Citi.
ps: i didnt think of moving out of the country as an option at that time..
11. I met my husband in college, but was just good friend with him at the time. It started with strings of eMails... after abt 2 years i havent heard of him.
12. We had this stupid joke during college that we should marry one another if after xx years (forgot the xx, maybe it was 5 or 10) if both of us have not gotten married yet. Turned up we didnt have to wait for that xx years to get married with one another.
13. I am not good at cooking, but i still try to cook. sometimes it works, at least just for my taste.
14. I had received 2 barbie-alike dolls as xmas present, & I found them in my bathtub at xmas eve. I really believed it was from Santa, as I was in Paris at that time and thought that Santa was really alive & went flying around in the Western part of the world. It was quite funny for my parents because thruout my xmases in Indonesia prior to that, I never had been fooled by Santa, as I didnt believe Santa could fly all the way from Europe/America to Asia!
15. I always loved water sports. I loved swimming when i was kid, then tasted canoeing, then i just discovered snorkeling last year & it was FUNtastic.
16. I was a silver medallist canoeist with my double partner in an open national championship in.. singapore (yes, i know so small population), but we were very happy and proud about it.
17. I just got promoted & I am quitting my current position this mid-year. I am very happy that I will quit with my level. My mentor told me once that I should not quit Citi before I reach this level and I didnt think I would reach it this soon.
18. I hope I get a job when I join my hubby in KL ** amin... **, but if not I have taken the risk anyway.
19. "You can't turn back time". That's what i believe & this is my motto in joining my hubby in KL. What I am doing it right now, I believe will lay a good strong foundation to a lasting relationship & our 'family'. ** amin... **
20. I just discovered a new hobby, and that is SLR photography. It's amazing how pictures can be delivered & there is a big unknown world in this territory. My dad & my brother already fell in love with it. It's probably in the gene.
21. I had lasik surgery for my 2 eyes 2 years ago. Now I dont wear glasses anymore, but in fact when I see, I feel like there are like slim halos around my eyerim, especially on the left. I think the sharpness is only in the center of the eyes. It's good enough for me to see, but that is why I dont encourage other people to take the surgery now. Wait for maybe 5 more years, the technology is developing very fast & will be much more accurate.
22. My parents call me plastic girl, because I fold my legs really close to my stomach when I'm on the dinner table chair & it's become a habit until now. I think it's my natural position when i was a foetus/in the womb, so I can't be blamed :)
23. I silently cried when i sold off my first car (alone offcourse). It kind of caught me off-guard that I had such a sentimental feeling for my Daihatsu Xenia. I guess it brought back all the memories when I travelled alone in the car from/to the office, accompanying me thruout my early career-life, preparing for my wedding (a lifetime commitment), and preparing for my new apt (my first investment). It really was a faithful car who never complained & was by my side all the time, in good or bad time.
24. I've put Sagrada Familia Barcelona as my personal number one place to visit before I die, but I've visited it in 2006. I was really pleased and a little bit shocked I already accomplished it so early in my life. Maybe I should have aimed higher? :)
25. I still have many dream places to go, but my top favourites ones would be:
- Karimun Jawa Island, Raja Ampat Papua, Belitung/Bangka Island. Yes they are all in Indonesia & i'm a white-sand turquoise-blue-sea beach lover.
- A second-round trip to Europe, including Berlin, Spain, Paris, with my husband and my SLR cam.
Note: This was written sometime in Feb 2009 I think... but I just saved it on my laptop.
Update #25: Have just crossed Belitung off my list, just visited it this month! Great Place & most awesome natural gigantic pool (aka, sea) to swim in to date...!