Sunday, May 09, 2010
Can't resist the smells of paperback... I think my idea of relaxing (other than getting a good javanese massage with the lovely oil scent) is being in a bookshop, choosing 2 or 3 favourite books, & sit in a quiet coffeeshop at the corner of the bookshop to start savouring the books, with a cup of delicious hot mocha coffee.
Today I bought 3 new books:
1. Ramayana (supposedly written in child-friendly style, aha!). I've tried reading Mahabharata when I was in primary school, but I gave up, even just remembering the names made me dizzy already. So hopefully, this time I can read and understand one of the great legends left by our ancestors...
2. Traveler's Wife Tale: amazing love story, it seems. I feel like I need to hear one these days :)
3. A Collosal Failure of Common Sense: Someone said one can learn a lot of things from this book. Hopefully it gets me something, in my attempt to try to understand the essence of the finance industry :)
The fourth book in the picture is a book I'm currently reading, "Lords of Finance". Purpose: Same as point 3 above :). Looking back at history.
ps: Have added some accessories shopping to the pic: a silvery simple necklace and a black headband with oversized glittery "manik-manik" ribbon - both from Vincci Accessories. Another thing I can't resist buying these days :)
Hope your weekend was great, because mine was :)
Saturday, May 08, 2010
I love and love this movie! Hilarious, it's been sometimes I watch a movie with excellent dialogue (Last time was "Juno") & Tina Fey was awesome! Brilliant comedian.
It's one of those movies with so many punch lines, that make you laugh out of your seat with repeat. Everybody in the cinema cracked with hearty laughter so many times. Not to mention, that the storyline combined, action, romance, and comedy at the same time. There are many movies that successfuly combine 2 of these 3 elements together, but all 3 & come out victorious? Hmmm.... I dont recall any actually.
And you know the last part of the movie, where the list of actors & movie crew starts to roll up & people start to leave the room to avoid the exit jam? Well, for this movie, nobody in the audience actually got up! we were just sitting there, content with big grins on our face till the end of the actors list (We were nicely awareded by behind-the-scenes laughter-breaking cut-outs :) )
Most memorables lines from the Movie:
- Honey, everything you do, I do it .... with HEELS!
- If I were to do it (the marriage
) all over again, I would always always choose you - EVERYTIME
PS: Screenplay was written by Josh Klausner, who also wrote Shrek 3 & Shrek Forever After. He was also 2nd Unit Director for Shallow Hall, and Me, Myself & Irene. Director is Shawn Levy (Nights at the Museum).