Have given the birth-plan, short, simple n essential I would say to my gynae, who said it goes along with his basic procedure. Here is the excerpt:
Birth Preferences Plan of
Estimated Due Date : 6 August 2011
Obstetrics & Gynaecology Doctor : Dr Ravi Chandran Paeditrician: Dr Adrian Goh
- From non-hospital side: My husband only (or 1 alt. person if my husband not able to make it)
- From hospital side: no medical student pls. Nurses: not too many.
- Freedom to move/walk around during labour – no continuous IV fluid etc strap to arm unless medically necessary.
- · Would like to rely on breathing/relaxing techniques & walking/changing body position as much as possible.
- · Medical options such as gas, pethidine, epidural* (walking preferred) to be given when requested.
*please inform us when is the final moment of being allowed to receive the epidural
· Drinking fluids (water, juice, tea etc) rather than having IV – unless medically necessary.
· Light snacks allowed
#2 – Delivery
- Episiotomy: To be performed only if necessary.
- Cutting the Umbilical Cord: cord to be clamped until pulsation has been ceased.
- Immediate skin to contact btw mum & baby right after delivery.
- Begin breastfeeding immediately if possible, if not within the hour.
#3 –After delivery
- Breastfeeding only – no bottles or pacifiers
- If formula milk is needed (due to lack of breastmilk etc), mum’s consent is needed.
AA & CK – 13 July 2011
:) Wish us luck, Hope everything goes well!