Wednesday, November 25, 2009

wise words

In my most recent holiday (that just ended today), I came across a small wooden signboard while driving along the Bali north coast road. Its carved words glued on my mind:
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Some googling done & it turns up this is a famous phrase originated from the late Abe Lincoln. I love this quote. It reminds us to make use of our precious time wisely and beautifully, to live each day meaningfully and to be always thankful for the guiding force from above that blesses our everydays :)
PS: Picture taken is the "Bunga Desember" or flower that only blooms once a year in Dec ("Blood Lily"). My mum grows some in her few precious pots & this morning they bloomed a bit faster (being November) but just in time when I was visiting. If a flower that cannot talk nor walk knows when to bloom & follow the annual cycle (almost) truthfully, how a human's life should even bloom more beautifully...
Have a good day everyone!

No comments: