Sunday, November 25, 2007

Bookrolls




I have not updated my book log for several months... I have read The Kite Runner ***** (Khaled Hosseini ) some months back. Beautiful, poignant, stays in memory. It's about the friendship of 2 aghan boys, with the afghan / talibar war as a backdrop.


After this book I started reading the Norwegian Wood (Haruki Murakami) ... but I couldnt finish this book for The kite runner was still lingering on my mind for a long time.


Before Kite Runner, I was reading a book with war backdrop as well, "Gadis Pantai" or "the Girl from the Coast". Amazingly, the english version is on sale as well in amazon.com. This book was my introduction to Pramoedya Ananta Toer & I will read on more of his books.

An indonesian bookshop online http://www.kutukutubuku.com/




No comments: